from the back of the cosmic junk drawer
Saturday, February 24, 2007
 
Thanks to the threat of bad weather, and the cold I caught not slowing me down anymore, I really got some crap done in the last few days. I tried to get the Jeep up and running for the 4wd yesterday. It seems to have some sort of blockage, perhaps a bad thermostat. So that will go in the shop. And today I had the time and energy to crack open the new used washer and see why it was leaking. After a while I tracked down the problem to where it was leaking through some sort of areation tube on the water supply hose before it gets to the washer drum. It had something to do with where if you wanted to reuse the suds. I dont. To make a long story short, I cut out that part and just joined it with some plastic hose and clamps I found around the house. Works sweet! and the good news is, if I screw it up, I have some good friends who have a spare in their basement. She even said I could see if it works right there! Damn, they're going to spoil me! I even re-de-wormed the cats today. once again, Thank you Gette! You can see whats up today by checking her out at http://goosesauce.blogspot.com/

You know, Its easy to forget about the classics till you are staying home all day on a Saturday because of weather. Back to the future 1, 2, and 3 are on tv today. Awesome! Freaking Awesome! ABC Family actually has some pretty decent stuff. But hey, dont get me wrong, I am as interested as the next guy on the continuing saga of Anna Nicole Smith's exciting life... I mean death. So I will will keep E! on the handy recall button, just in case I need a fix. Hey, is it just me or should the judge in the case get on some sort of anti emotional drug. Impartial, my ass! Sorry, they were talking about it on the news this morning and I just had to agree.

We had a first run movie shown at church last night. It was all right. Not too bad. Pretty good story about a football team and coach who decide to give God their all, and wouldnt ya know it, it worked out pretty good for them! I dont want to spoil it for you, though. The movie is called "Facing the Giants" Ya really cant lose giving the Big Guy all the credit! Ya know I was even thinking about it the other day. Its amazing how many excuses people use to not believe in God. They get all caught up in "There are so many discrepancies in the Bible" and "I dont need to go to church." The thing that really hit me though was ... What's the worse that could happen to ya if it wasnt true? What do you have to lose? Do you think if you are a whole hearted believer and you died, went to heaven, met God, and he just looked at you and said "Ha, sucker! I so got you good! You were all like I believe, I believe! Come on in anyway, Puddin' head!" Not too bad, huh? It's a lot better than the alternative. And not believing. And being wrong. Yikes.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Rants, ideas, ponderings, and generally one sided views from a perpetually misinformed small town, big city, then small town again type of guy who is just plain trying to get it all figured out.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montevideo, Minnesota, United States

Ive been described as handy, witty, generous, and a smooth talker. Now if any of its true or they were just being nice, I dont know.

Archives
September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / July 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / June 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]