from the back of the cosmic junk drawer
Friday, February 09, 2007
 
Man, if your going to survive a crazy Minnesota winter, buy a wood or corn stove. I tell ya. I would be so screwed lately if I didnt have that wood stove. Its awesome during cold weather! heats half the house! Its been like 2weeks of sub zero weather, and I have freinds who have beeen going through the propane like crazy. And put your faucets on a permanent drip. Frozen pipes suck.

Oh, and get pets without communicable diseases. I had to deworm my cats a few nights ago. Its kind of cool how easy you can get rid of worms. Just a spoonful of pink liquid in their food and its done. It was pretty handy stuff. I borrowed it from a freind. I fed it to them in some turkey, just to ensure they ate it all. As smart as you might think a cat is, they didnt stop once from eating and look at me like " hey, this turkey tastes funny." Nope, just kept on chowing. Problem solved.

I tell ya, thank God for good friends! They have really been coming through lately. for example. I have been blessed lately with Inside jobs again and friends who provide them. Winter can really suck for handymen, and people in the maintenance and construction people. In the handyman field "an inside job" is always good news in the winter. Thank you Lord. Things slowed down a bit with "boss" so a few friends put me to work on their homes.

And thats about it for whats been going on lately. I am going to check out my sisters church on Sunday, so a good friend is covering for me in yoot group. Thanks Gette.
 
Comments:
You so owe me.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Rants, ideas, ponderings, and generally one sided views from a perpetually misinformed small town, big city, then small town again type of guy who is just plain trying to get it all figured out.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montevideo, Minnesota, United States

Ive been described as handy, witty, generous, and a smooth talker. Now if any of its true or they were just being nice, I dont know.

Archives
September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / July 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / June 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]