from the back of the cosmic junk drawer
Thursday, December 07, 2006
 
Yikes! Its December already. A week into it already. Suddenly we are reaching 2 below at night. Work has tapered off considerably. And the cats really dont spend much time outside anymore (unless they exhibit really bad timing and decision making as they rush outside in the morning with me, forgetting the next time they will see inside is nighttime. Curiousity freezes the cat). These are just a few of the signs that you will probably will not be doing any gardening anytime soon.

I have really been going through the wood lately, also. During the winter, I try to use my woodburning stove as much as possible. Last year I only went through one tank of propane in the winter, so it helps out considerably. I spent part of yesterday and today splitting wood. Its good exercise too. Its amazing how quick you can start sweating outside when its freezing if you just put your lats into it. And when you see steam coming off yourself, its pretty cool! I remember cutting wood in the fall with my stepfather as a kid. Its pretty comical now, but kinda scary at the time. He liked to keep plenty of antifreeze in him while cutting wood. Combine that with a chainsaw and a nervous teenage boy, and you got yourself some good times, friend! Working with a drunk lumberjack sure hones your catlike reflexes, and teaches you how to drive a stickshift truck in a pinch.

Got some good news at the doctors this week, my good cholesterol is up. I have been exercising, quit smoking, and started taking fish oil supplements. Except for the smelly salmon burps when I am talking to somebody, Its been doing me some good! Thank God I always have gum or tic tacs with me now. They pull double duty now. To cut the urges and to cover up the stink fumes coming outta my mouth occasionally. Sure would kill for a Camel once in a while, but the nonsmoking just went over the 2 month mark. Feels like 6, though. Not one stinking cigarette, though. Usually by this time, I would have cheated myself right up to a pack a day again. Well, gotta get back to the cutting of the wood. Goodbye internet.
Cosmic Junkie
 
Comments:
Good on the 2 months! Woot! Now do Thursday thirteen on things to do instead of smoke. You know you want to. Joiner.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Rants, ideas, ponderings, and generally one sided views from a perpetually misinformed small town, big city, then small town again type of guy who is just plain trying to get it all figured out.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montevideo, Minnesota, United States

Ive been described as handy, witty, generous, and a smooth talker. Now if any of its true or they were just being nice, I dont know.

Archives
September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / July 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / June 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]