from the back of the cosmic junk drawer
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
 
Well, its election day. I know, I know, "thanks for the special report, Captain Obvious" Just wanted you to know. I voted. I think I made a difference. Except in the judges and court of appeals section. Once again, I dont see any tight races coming out of that one. It is pretty much vote for John Doe... or the cute girl that works at Caseys. write ins. what a joke. I wonder how many votes she gets, anyway? I can see the ticker now, zooming by at the bottom of my tv screen at the speed of a Governor hopeful bowing out gracefully after a sudden tourettes like outburst escaping from his mouth before he can pop it back in or.. sorry. got a little off track there. Anyway, Cute Caseys Girl wins! With promises of fresh donuts every morning and coffee so strong they will have to scrape you off the ceiling with a 99 cent ice scraper. Thats what wins elections folks. The never ending promises of a better life. Less taxes. More take home money. Better roads. Brighter kids. Just that warm fuzzy feeling you get that things are going to be better. Every four years. It gets a little better. Right. dream on. I dont think any of these guys really do a tenth of what they say they will. Its who can dazzle us with the biggest load of crap. I think the biggest reason I vote is so I can feel better about saying this stuff. Its like a golden ticket to say later on things like "Caseys girl sure came through on that new stronger coffee referendum" or "Man, I told you John Doe was a dumbass!" HA, HA, ha, ha! LOL! Thats ironic! Dancing with the Stars just came on. If your going to throw a vote away...
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Rants, ideas, ponderings, and generally one sided views from a perpetually misinformed small town, big city, then small town again type of guy who is just plain trying to get it all figured out.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montevideo, Minnesota, United States

Ive been described as handy, witty, generous, and a smooth talker. Now if any of its true or they were just being nice, I dont know.

Archives
September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / July 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / June 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]