from the back of the cosmic junk drawer
Sunday, November 19, 2006
 
Hot time in the big town last night, I tell ya! I got to be a bingo caller at Lions bingo last night. I was a little nervous to start just because before we got started I found out it was kind of ritualistic. I thought I just belted out numbers and letters. Nope. You have announcements and use actual bingo lingo. and for some reason noone thought it was funny when I told them they could buy a lucky card for another quarter. I guess bingo is a pretty serious game. Before I got ahold of the game, anyway. I also almost lost one of the little round bingo balls. I caught it before it landed in the lemon bars for sale below the table so i averted a small crisis. And the fella who I handed the bingo balls (sounds like a condition you get when you spend too much time at the bingo hall, doesnt it?) to, kept grabbing my thumb instead of the ball. I was wondering why until I put my thumb in the tray and sure enough, it fit perfectly. And the real funny thing is for the bake sale held previous to the bingo game, the Lions asked me to bring a pan of bars to sell. Well, to anyone seasoned in a kitchen, thats no big deal. But for me, they might as well asked me to balance the country's deficit problem... and to show my work. I dont know how to make bars! I'm a freaking idiot around flour and a cake pan! but I did hear how easy rice crispy bars are, so I tried them. And no self respecting bachelor worth his weight in prepackaged microwaveable food wouldnt wait till an hour before bingo to make it. Cuz they said it only takes 5 minutes. YEAH... to find and wash the pans! It took me about 45 minutes and I had to google rice krispie bars! Everything turned out pretty well I must say. And the kitchen fire went out with a little bit of baking soda. Just kidding, no fire. Hell, I even threw in some chocolate chips, though! Cause if I am going to pay a quarter for a rice crispy bar, it better have some damn chips! Well, I'm still trudging along with all the enthusiasm of a slug with a sore whatever slugs move with. Great weather lately though. At least I got all my outside crap done. We have been remodeling the parsonage and just got the word that it has been rented this morning. Cool! Havent made much real progress on my own place lately since I got the roof shingled. I guess after that small victory I have kind of taken it easy for a while. I have to make sure all the storms are all on and washed and good shape today. What is the freakin deal with printers nowadays? They are more trouble than they are worth. I just bought ink for this peice o' crap a month ago and now it wont use blue. When the hell did I use that much blue? You have got to be kidding me. I dont remember going on a blue printing frenzy! i sure feel blue though. Where did it go? Lexmark can kiss my absence of blue ass. Ahhhhhh, that felt good. Thanks for listening. At least I can depend on black. Good ol' black. trusty black. Hey, I had a surprise a few days ago. I watched "Click" and got more than I expected. I expected just a run of the mill Sandler comedy, but it actually ended up with an "its a wonderful life" edge to it I wasnt expecting. pretty entertaining, anyway. I also watched benchwarmers. Wow. Groundbreaking comedy there. Lots of fart jokes, nutsack hitting, and a really original underdog group of freinds come from behind and win at life story. Like I said. Wow. Well, I feel caught up with ya. Thats about it for whats new.
 
Comments:
I believe slugs move with psuedopods.
Google it.
*snort*
 
Dude. Paragraph Breaks. Please.
 
Para what who much?
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Rants, ideas, ponderings, and generally one sided views from a perpetually misinformed small town, big city, then small town again type of guy who is just plain trying to get it all figured out.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montevideo, Minnesota, United States

Ive been described as handy, witty, generous, and a smooth talker. Now if any of its true or they were just being nice, I dont know.

Archives
September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / July 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / June 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]