from the back of the cosmic junk drawer
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
 
A friend of mine bought a gym a few months ago, and i decided that was a good enough sign to quit NOT using my Golds gym power cage upstairs at home, and buy a gym membership that I will not use instead. But actually, I have been averaging 2- 3 times a week for thew past few months! Funny thing about getting back in the gym. I quit trying to lose weight a couple of months ago, and decided instead of making my gut smaller, I would make it LOOK smaller by making the rest of me look Bigger. And its actually working! Normally a wild assed plan like this is just an excuse to go back to a quieter, lazier, t.v. packed, more sedentary way of life. but not this time, friend! All kidding aside, though, once I get back into it, I really do enjoy working out. I dig the results. And hell, one of these days somebody might even accuse me of looking like I excercise! One of these days. And the cool thing is if I eat too much or the wrong stuff, I can just call it fuel and burn it off later. I even did crunches today. Them suckers hurt! And i realized today that I am not pretty while doing crunches. With my legs in the air bent at the knees, I look like a spastic, dying bug blasted with Blag Flag spray. This gym is great! Its never packed, and sometimes I am the only one there. That reminds me, I should probably wash that towel. And the really cool thing is that by the time New years rolls around, I will be way ahead of everyone and be already forgetting about getting in shape this year.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Rants, ideas, ponderings, and generally one sided views from a perpetually misinformed small town, big city, then small town again type of guy who is just plain trying to get it all figured out.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montevideo, Minnesota, United States

Ive been described as handy, witty, generous, and a smooth talker. Now if any of its true or they were just being nice, I dont know.

Archives
September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / July 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / June 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]