from the back of the cosmic junk drawer
Thursday, September 21, 2006
 
Wellllllll...

The boss is taking off for a long weekend in Iowa. (I hear its the new Vegas) So, its same old thing for me tomorrow. Wake up and get to the job by 8 am, get right to work, short lunch, and right back at it till 5. Riiiiight. 8:15, early lunch, long lunch, take off at 4:30 so I can meet a cute little Vixen for coffee at 5. Yep, that sounds a lot better. There is something about working alone. Its all you. Credit, problems, its all up to you. The bad side is, noone else to blame. The good side is, its a lot of painting and a little bit of sheetrock patching. Whats the worse that could happen? (yep, you just ask for trouble when you say something like that) Looks like a pretty lean weekend for fun, though. Siding on Saturday, and rest on Sunday) Unless cute little Vixen wants to hang out again, then things will be a lot more fun. Other than that not too much going on. I really am feeling nostalgic, though, after reading a friend of mine's blog. http://goosesauce.blogspot.com/ You should check it out. She is very entertaining. She was talking about how seeing something could spur old warm memories. How true. If I am on an old dusty gravel road, it always brings me back to my childhood spent on my grandparents farm, going on trips with my grampa as he would haul load of gravel to customers. Every trip was an adventure to a kid! Somewhere new all the time. He would allways have lots of cookies and diet pepsi and pop gelucel in his mouth like a junkie.(cosmic?) He is in a nursing home now, and I keep thinking I should go and see him but I never seem to have the time. Pretty sad. I think its pretty cool how something can just spur old memories like that at a moments notice. Like digging in the old junk drawer. You know its in there, ya just gotta find it. Somethings are in plain site, and somethings you have to dig for. Well, I guess this one has run its course. Have a good one.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Rants, ideas, ponderings, and generally one sided views from a perpetually misinformed small town, big city, then small town again type of guy who is just plain trying to get it all figured out.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montevideo, Minnesota, United States

Ive been described as handy, witty, generous, and a smooth talker. Now if any of its true or they were just being nice, I dont know.

Archives
September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / July 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / June 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]