from the back of the cosmic junk drawer
Sunday, September 17, 2006
 

If you ever wondered about whats the one thing that most normal people have in common... and I stress normal... here it is. We all have junk drawers. Physically, mentally, spiritually, we all got em. The one place where that theory, that black metal shiny thing you think came off of the new office chair but not sure where from exactly, or that unhappy memory of hanging by one foot from that elevator to your treehouse that you were positive was going to work, all goes to be dealt with later. Or till grandma comes with a butcher knife to cut you down from that foolproof elevator, without your consent. Problem solved. Maybe stuck behind the junk drawer. I dont know. I got rid of my kitchen bar this weekend. It was donated to the church as a coffee bar for in the back of the sanctuary. As I was cleaning it out, I emptied my junk drawer. And a fleeting thought ocurred to me to sort through it and find a new home for all this stuff. My next thought, and final one, for the junk drawer, was " find a box". Once again, problem solved! Sometimes a perfect system doesnt need to be tampered with. Just go with the flow, and find a box. Even people who live in boxes probably have a junk drawer to some point. Stuff that they are not sure when or if they will use. Maybe homeless people walk around thinking "A key. what am I doing with a key?" Anyways, a friend of mine talked me into starting a blog again, and I told her nothing interesting has happened lately and I wouldnt have anything to say. This is the best I could do for a first entry so I hope you enjoy it.
 
Comments:
Woot! Cosmic Junk! Or do you have that fancy-schmancy junque?
 
Thanks. No fancy stuff here. Just good ol' fashioned found it out back of the house type of junk!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
Rants, ideas, ponderings, and generally one sided views from a perpetually misinformed small town, big city, then small town again type of guy who is just plain trying to get it all figured out.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Montevideo, Minnesota, United States

Ive been described as handy, witty, generous, and a smooth talker. Now if any of its true or they were just being nice, I dont know.

Archives
September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / July 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / June 2008 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]